Back in the Day: The Rise of Skateboarding - Hardcover Book
Back in the Day is a timeless and nostalgic collection of photographs documenting the skateboarding scene in the 1970s.
William Sharp began taking surfing photographs in southern California in the early seventies and was quickly drawn into the nascent skateboard scene, shooting friends emulating surfing moves on pavement. By 1975 he was brought in as a staff photographer for the magazine Skateboard World. During the next five years he documented the meteoric rise of the movement, capturing thousands of photographs along the way. Back in the Day features hundreds of Sharp's astounding photos from this era.
The work is priceless, not only for its documentary value, but for the beautiful and poetic images captured and later developed by Sharp himself (many in black and white). Pipes in Arizona, aqueducts in California, pools all over the place, the locales and images must be seen to be believed. Ozzie Ausband signed on as an editor of the project, collecting present day quotes and assisting with the paring down of Sharp's massive photo archive. Sharp's epic photos are populated by the vanguard of the scene such as Tony Alva, Jay Adams, Jerry Valdez, Steve Caballero, and Jay Smith, among many others.
We are committed to getting you a helmet that fits! Which is why we offer free shipping for helmet size exchanges.
Exchanges only for new/unused helmets within 30 days of receiving the helmet.
ORDERS & RETURNS
Free shipping for returns.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return your new/unsued item(s) within 30 days of receipt for a refund or store credit.
Orders over $150 receive free standard shipping.
Orders below $150 receive a flat rate of $15 for standard shipping.
Express (1-3 business days) shipping is available for $20.
ABOUT GASTOWN SUPPLY CO.
We are about Fuelling Good Times!
Gastown Supply Co is the #1 choice for all of your motorcycle needs. We are a full-service distribution company located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
We carry Simpson Motorcycle Helmets, Lexin, Tough Duck, Fist Handwear, Toyo Steel, Muc-Off, Crooked Clubhouse and Dixxon Flannel Co.
- Orders below $150 receive a flat rate of $15 for standard shipping.
- Orders over $150 receive free standard shipping.
- Express (1-3 business days) shipping is available for $20.
- Gastown Supply Co makes no guarantee on the delivery estimates listed here.
- Orders valued over $100 will require a signature for delivery.
- Orders placed on weekends or after 2:30pm on Friday leave our warehouse on Monday or the next business day during long weekends (BC, Canada long weekend schedule).
- Deliveries are made on weekdays only.
- Orders are shipped from Vancouver using Fedex. Please see the table below for standard shipping delivery estimates to major Canadian cities.